ADVANTAGES OF A RAILPRO CRANE RRV
1.It’s a large crane: A 18 ton.meter crane is a large competency for an RRV
2.Unique design: Incorporating RailPro’s DSDS™ rail drive technology
3.Rapid Access to Site: Working with a crane of this size normally restricts operators to standard rubber-wheeled road going vehicles, where access to the railhead via the service road can be difficult
4.Fully “Bimodal”: The RailPro Crane RRV is a flexible and mobile platform. It is fully bimodal so can use both road and rail to access the site. Speed of access on rail is significantly increased
5.Point of Use – Both Road & Rail: The Crane RRV can be used from both road and rail. This saves the depot having to have a dedicated road only crane truck
6.Complies with all regulatory requirements: RailPro RRVs comply with Transnet specifications and RTA specifications for axle weight loading.
a) Planting poles up to 14.0 m length
b) Railway construction and maintenance of critical OHTE infrastructure.
1.RailPro have designed a trolley, with a weight of 1 tonne, to carry 4 masts (See image on the right)
2.The RRV pulls alongside the road, with the empty trolley on the rear deck, and mounts the rail
3.The RRV stiff boom crane off-loads the trolley onto the rail, behind the RRV, and the trolley is affixed to the RRV
4.The RRV stiff boom crane loads the trolley with 4 x masts
5.The RRV pulls away with the trolley in tow, capable of doing speeds whilst laden, of 35 kmph
6.The RRV arrives at the planting site, grabs a mast from the trolley, plants it and moves to the next site
7.Once the trolley is empty, the trolley is loaded onto the back of the RRV
8.The RRV returns to collect more masts, back up the line, by turning on its turntable, or by road
9.The system allows the Crane RRV to operate with increased efficiency when operating under occupation on rail.
1.Specs Fully hydraulic road rail vehicle mounted crane, complete with dual controls, and outrigger legs. The outriggers have a manual clip-on system that allows them to be deployed next to a platform. The standard legs are swung up through 90 degrees, the legs extended over the platform, the platform legs clipped onto the ends of the legs, and manually screwed out to take the stabilising load.
2.Crane Horizontal Lifting
- 6,530 KG at 2.42 Metres
- 3,640 KG at 4.22 Metres
- 2,440 KG at 6.02 Metres
- 1,745 KG at 8.07 Metres
- 1,360 KG at 10.12 Metrers
- Maximum hydraulic horizontal reach of 12.12 Metres
- Lifting Moment 158.02 kNm
- 395 Degree slewing/rotation angle
- 2 Hydraulic swingable stabilisers L=880mm, hydraulic sideways crossbeams 4.7m
- Oil tank with return filter 120L side mounted
- Swivel hook for standard crane 7.5 ton
- Slewing system with cylinders and rack
- 2 x Manual Stabilizers for Platform proximate work
- Crane weight 2,885 kg
- Function Local Radio Remote
a) Quick access
c) Speed of planting poles and lifting kit is increased
d) Work rate and productivity is high
e) This system allows the Crane RRV to operate with increased efficiency when operating under occupation on rail.
1.Gripper: a unique design for “gripping” the mast, so doing away with slings
2.Travel is quicker and safer
3.Planting poles is more controlled with less slings
4.The crane RRV has a properly engineered lift capacity
5.Less risk of getting the crane caught up in the catenary wires
- The rail service brakes are actuated by the truck's brake pedal in the cab. These air brakes act on both front and rear rail axles.
- The rail emergency brakes are spring-applied, air release units. The emergency brakes are actuated by depressing the E-Stop button on the main cab control panel.
- The park brake is incorporated into the emergency brake.
Rail Running Gear Specifications
- Fully-elevated system with solid axles front and rear
- Direct shaft drive system through to rear rail axle
- Front rail axle uses the truck suspension while on rail
- Rear rail axle is rigidly attached to the truck chassis
- Rail Sweepers fitted
- Excellent visibility
- Engine monitoring, temperature, fuel, oil, speed, revs, as per normal truck
- Electric horns, wipers, lighting fitted, inc 2 white, and red driving headlights, on the front beam, and a rotating light on the roof.
STANDARD FEATURES OF THE RAILPRO CRANE RRV
- UD80 or Isuzu FTR 850. The rear overhang is reduced to 1520mm to improve manoeuvrability
- Load body
- Rail gear system
- Pesci 185 T.4 20 tonne metre crane
- Auto lubrication system to chassis lube points
- Air conditioner to cab
- Double hydraulic pump
- Gauge: 1067mm, Cape narrow Gauge
- Maximum gradient: 1:25
- Compliant to curve radius and cant, and all sleepers, and track types
- Max Speed on Level Track: 60 kmph operational speed, 90 kmph max speed
- Vehicle mass with crane: 10,650 kg. Spare weight 3,350kg
- Diesel usage on rail: approx. 5km / L
- Diesel usage on road: approx. 3km / L
- Diesel tank capacity: 200 L
- Range on rail: 1,000 km
- Exhaust emission compliant to EU-RL 97/68 EG STEP 2